Monday 3 September 2012

Bedroom Re-Do


When Chris and I first moved into this house we focused on redecorating the rooms that other people see the most - we painted the kitchen first, then the living room, then the hallway. This summer we took on the bedroom. I have been begging Chris for a romantic, beautiful bedroom since the very beginning. ... and it turned to so much better than I could have imagined!!

I just had to share some before and after pics, 
so we'll start with "before"...

That's a whole lot of white walls going on... and yes, I am aware the picture on the wall is off centre. Before the re-do the bed wasn't centred. I have no idea why!

Take a look at those wood panelling closet doors! Whoa 70's! The flower branches on the wall are from the wedding. I haven't put them back up yet, and still don't know if I will... 
Thoughts anyone?

Hubs taping off the door frames


And now... the after
In progress...Goodbye white, hello Tiffany Blue and Cream. I'm so stoked on these stripes. If you're curious, how to paint stripes, FrogTape is the answer
Also, note the headboard - it's an old wooden door we found at a place called Home Reusables for $50! I figured any DIY headboard would cost us near that in materials, so I was pretty happy.
So excited to have the closet doors painted as well!
Finished!! We kept the bedside tables, added a couple of lights and hung my very favourite thing- a mix of 2 different Pinterest projects. I'm so in love with how it turned out!
Chris's bedside table - burlap wrapped ring boxes from the wedding along with his DIY boutineer
Lights are from IKEA. I really wanted something to make reading in bed more appealing. Now I can just reach up and turn off the light! Perfect :)
Letters wrapped in bible page. Yes... I tore pages out of a bible. It was my old children's bible... I have 3 others. I think it will be fine ;)
I clipped my hair piece from the wedding on the V 
We had so much trouble figuring out how to hang the branch. We thought of a number of ways to do it and also hide the hardware, but then we realized it could add an extra design element if we could show off what we were using, so instead we used coat hooks. I love how it turned out

And there you have it! Bedroom re-done from boring to romantic and just plain perfect. I'm so blessed to have a hubby that just wanted me to have my dream. Thankfully he didn't hate any of my choices, but I'm not so naive to think that this would have been his first choice either!



Like what you've read? You can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post! 

Thanks for stopping by :)

~M  

2 comments:

  1. Sheila Klassen15 June 2013 at 10:35

    Fantastic...I love the transformation! You two did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete