Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Liebster Award

I've been nominated for an award! Thanks Trisha!! Visit her blog here and you will be rewarded with real, honest posts about her struggles and triumphs. 

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster in German is defined as sweetheart, darling and beloved. Well, shucks*
The rules are simple for receiving this award:
  1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you
  2. Share post 11 things about yourself  
  3. Pass the award to small blogs
  4. Ask them 11 questions

What is your favourite blog entry?

I have to pick just one? Mmmm... how's about 3? 

 Confessions of a Newlywed: Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Got Married - Part 1- Because I just love my Mommy so so much!

Confessions of a Newlywed: Deserted Islands and Sanctification 
Because I felt like it wrote itself. my fingers typed faster than my mind could formulate the ideas... and I think that's pretty cool.

Love Letter To Myself This one is very close to my heart- it was such a healing experience to write it. Even now, I can hear some of the loving things I said to myself play in my head, rather than the self deprecating, condemning thoughts that all to often float around in my mind. I highly recommend everyone write a letter like this to yourself.

What/Who inspires you?

 A lot of people inspire me, but if I were to take a closer look, I would probably find that they all have something in common - an authentic sincere desire to love people like Jesus loves


What deflates you?

Seeing marriages that are broken. Also seeing women hurt their husbands with their words. It completely breaks my heart when a woman will cut down her man - especially in front of other people. You can see him deflate, and in that moment I too, feel deflated.

What is one thing you feel you will never accomplish?

Apparently.... gardening.

What is your favourite pickle: bread and butter or dill?

Dill. I'm somewhat of an addict. Specifically Mrs. Whyte's Dill Pickles. I think I've confessed this before, but I definitely drink pickle juice on a regular basis. Chris limits the amount I'm allowed to have though, because I'll drink so much it will hurt my stomach. And I don't care. My mouth is watering as I type this.


Why do you blog?

That's a hard one, because it can be for different reasons. For the most part it's because I just want other people to be a part of this conversation that's constantly going on in my head. That makes me sound like a bit of a nut though, huh?

Summer or winter?

The obvious choice is summer, and I will pick it, but I just want to say that I don't HATE winter. I hate shoveling snow, and I hate when there is a cold wind that hurts my ears, but I don't hate the whole season. 

What is your opinion on body hair?

For women or men? Well for women I feel that a certain presentation is necessary. I certainly don't want anyone seeing my leg hair! For men, I feel quite strongly that if hair is present, you should just embrace it. In other words, chest waxing grosses me out. Oh, and I love my husband's beard quite a bit.

What will you always make time for?

My family. Investing in my marriage. Oh, and baking delicious things. There is always time to make cookies.

Based on what you know of me, describe me in one sentence

Trisha, you have a fierce spirit and heart for God that spills out into every aspect your life, causing you to be an amazing wife, mother and friend. I'm thankful I know you!


11 Things about myself:

1. I'm afraid of cows.
2. All of my long term jobs (more than 3 months) have been no more than a 10 minute drive from where I lived
3. My favorite flavor whether it's savoury or sweet is lemon
4. I'm a complete nut for babies. If there's one in the room, I'm holding it.
5. My husband and I live in the house I grew up in
6. Because of this, I love the sound of trains (there are tracks only a few houses down)
7. I have a small town heart, and would love to live in one. (Chris doesn't agree)
8. I will randomly repeat a word or phrase in multiple funny voices, and accents putting emphasis on different syllables each time.  ie: SIL-ables, SylAAAbles, Sil-ah-bleehs (french)
9.  I love loud screamo hardcore music- especially when I can blast it in my car and scream along with
10. I think baked goods make everything better, and I LOVE to bake for other people. I think it's the 6th love language


I now pass along this award to....

Amanda - Because she needs a reason to start blogging again!

Cassandra - Because although she doesn't have a lot of time for blogging anymore (2 little ones!) I just soak up everything she writes when she does

The questions you must answer:

1. What do you love to learn about?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What was your greatest accomplishment?
4. What excites you most about life?
5. What country do you want to visit before you die?
6. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life?
7. Do you like puzzles?
8. Name a book or movie you've read or watched at least 3 times and explain why you did.
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
10. What is your favourite music genre?
11. What is your favourite meal to make that you learned from an older family member?




     

No comments:

Post a Comment