Tuesday 23 October 2012

27 in 27

I gave it some thought and decided (with a little help from a friend) that my list is going to look a little different this year. Everything about it is different except for the similarity in title.

27 things to make or bake in my 27th year of life

Last year I set out to do 26 things that I might not have done had there been no motivation. Some of the items on the list were things I had always wanted to try (make goat cheese), while others were things I hadn't done in a while (go horseback riding) and happily used the excuse of the list to do them once again. It went great- I crossed some things off my list that I was really proud of. The only problem came when I set out to make my list for this year.... I drew a blank.

All I could come up with were delicious new meal ideas, and even more baking accomplishments I wanted to achieve - I had donuts, eclairs, buns and more dancing in my head. One could blame it on Pinterest, but it's also completely possible that I just hadn't had dinner yet.

So there began the idea - to make the list solely out of cooking and baking challenges I wanted to accomplish. This is right up my alley, as I LOVE to cook and bake and always have. I often joke that Gary Chapman forgot to add in the 6th Love Language of baked goods.

But then the twist. This year I want to redirect the focus from me to you.

I want your help in creating my list. Has it been years since you've tasted your grandma's strawberry pie and you want me to try to re-create it? Did you taste something AMAZING while on a trip to England that you just have to taste again? Are you completely addicted to that salad with pecans and brie in that quaint (but expensive!) bistro down the road? Did the bakery stop selling your favorite German cake???? (Oh wait... that's me. Looks like I'll have to start the list with one of my own) Maybe it's something that you've always wanted to try making, but haven't found a good tutorial for it.

I want it on my list, and I want to know why

My commitment to you is that with each new challenge I will blog about it each step of the way. Pictures. Step by step instructions- the whole nine yards. And yes, a tasting can be arranged ;)

So who's in? Start shouting them out, and let's start this list!

I'll start.

1. Bienenstich


Like what you've read? aside from following this blog, you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post! 

Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment