Wednesday 4 December 2013

23 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 23 Weeks, 3 Days

How Far Along? 23 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope

Food Cravings? Nachos. Always nachos. With all the jalapenos. (SO thankful I still have not experienced any heartburn!)


Mood? Overall pretty good! I'm really loving being pregnant and having Christmas approaching!

Symptoms? First and foremost, a growing belly! Chris and both feel like it's grown substantially in the past week or two. As my picture says, a few people have said that I have "popped" :) My last chiro adjustment has been treating me really well so thankfully I don't have my back to complain about. There are a couple little things... I get leg cramps once in a while if I stretch in bed with my toes pointed (I quickly correct myself by pushing out my heel instead!) Also I get round ligament pain from time to time, and I've started getting some pelvic pain where is just feels strained in the center of my pelvis. I think I'm going to pick up some lecithin which I am hoping will help all three of these minor issues.

Sleep? I feel so blessed. I have been sleeping really well. I fall asleep fast, and rarely wake up other to to pee, and even then I fall right back asleep! The only downer is that it seems my body is slowly wanting less sleep. I've woken up before my alarm a few mornings now. I feel awake, but also slightly cheated out of that last half hour...

Movement? The more I pay attention to when baby kicks the more I am noticing a trend, and it's really neat to see his or her little personality develop! Babe kicks the most right after a meal or snack, and also often right when I wake up. Thankfully it seems that when I go to bed, baby is also ready for bed. I can move around and get comfortable and not feel much of anything for kicks. It's great!

Best moment of the week? After an incredibly long day on Sunday in which I was on my feet and constantly busy (It was a work day for me because we had an event at the church) I came home, snuggled on the couch with Chris and watched how The Grinch Stole Christmas. After that I took a nap, and a little later on I even got a foot rub! So wonderful because my feet hurt so much it felt like there were bruises on the bottoms! Best way to end the day after a crazy morning. 

Looking forward to? Hmmm... my next foot rub? Ha ha that and some Christmas shopping I hope to do this weekend!!


Belly Button in or out? In, but after I claimed last week that it hadn't changed at all I really investigated and sure enough it has become quite a bit more shallow. Now I can't stop feel my belly button! It's like when you have dental work done and your tongue can't stop going over the change in your mouth.

Stretch marks? None yet!

Nursery Progress? Ladies and gentlemen, we have paint! Well, in the cans that is. Still super exciting, especially since we picked our colors really easily- something that is usually really hard for us to agree on.


Baby Loot: Like I promised, I did a little shopping on Black Friday (online) and got some more cloth diapers at a great price! Unfortunately some of the ones I ordered ended up having a ridiculous shipping cost so I had to cancel that order. I still need 5 more diapers then I'm done. :)


Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: Just last night Chris put his ear up to my belly, trying to "hear the baby" After only a few seconds baby responded by kicking him in the head (Or punching, who knows!) It was hilarious, especially because with each failed attempt Chris has in trying to feel a kick he always justifies it with the fact that baby must have stopped kicking because he/she knew that it was Dad's hand and didn't want to kick him. That explanation doesn't hold up nearly as well anymore...


Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

1 comment:

  1. My husband used to always ask why I was rubbing my belly button! When I got to about 35 weeks I started popping a bit and I just couldn't get used to the feeling. With both of my pregnancies I've only ever had the top half pop out, it was very weird! Haha! I love the dental work analogy!

    ReplyDelete