Wednesday 11 December 2013

24 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 24 Weeks, 3 days

How Far Along? 24 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope

Food Cravings? Oh gosh, this one is embarrassing. Pizza pops. There. I said it. Baby, why do you so love the processed foods?? 

Mood? Oh you know... so so... It's been a challenging week guys. What with Chris getting through the end of semester crunch, a couple of challenges with a friend, and then to top it off we stayed at my sister's house for 3 days to watch their kids while they are on vacation- just being uprooted and thrown into someone else's routine can throw a person through a loop, ya know? All these things are fairly minor on their own, but you mash them all together in a blender with pregnancy hormones and you've got preggo mama meltdown on your hands. Thankfully I have a husband who has seen this before and knows just what to do. Get me a stuffin pop from Sobey's, let me cry a little and then plop me in a hot tub- huge perk of staying at my sister's!! (Before you speak, yes I am aware of the cautions of being in a hot tub while pregnant. Do not worry, I have done all my research and was very careful to stay in for only a few minutes at a time and not allow my body temperature to raise too high) 

Symptoms? Tears? Are those a symptom? Kidding, kidding. I am still experiencing a fair amount of pelvic pain. Still haven't grabbed that Lecithin. Consider that on my To Do list for this week! My back has continued to behave quite nicely this week. Woo hoo!


Sleep? Still good, except babe is putting up more of a fight with the way I am positioned. Apparently it's starting to get a little more cramped in there.

Movement? Ok, this is definitely the area that has changed the most this week! First of all, for the first time this week I started experiencing kicks that felt painful. Not only kicks, but also just the way the baby is positioned will sometimes feel uncomfortable for me. Like I said before- I think it's getting a bit cramped in there! It means babe is growing well so I'm not too upset by it. (yet) Another new thing is that I have felt it repositioning and been able to actually touch some kind of body part from the outside. Nothing distinguishable yet, but a definite body part! Very cool, as it's the first time I have felt like there is so little between baby and my skin.

Best moment of the week? The lovely nights in the hot tub... :)

Looking forward to? Hmmm... my massage on Thursday. Definitely. That, and one day again being able to easily put on my boots again.

Belly Button in or out? In, and getting shallower by the day. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration...

Stretch marks? Nada!

Nursery Progress? Nothing this week. Please see the "Mood" section for an explanation why ;) 

Baby Loot: Nothing new here, aside from the fact that the diapers I ordered on Black Friday came in record time in the mail! Wooo!


Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: That would be a tie between Chris telling me not to push on the baby (it was sitting in a really uncomfortable position and something was sticking out) and him reminding me that I have major arteries in my legs so when I am in a hot tub and want to truly be careful about my body temperature I need to pull my legs out of the water too. Oh goodness, I see an overprotective Daddy being formed in front of my eyes! Super cute both times, but certainly made me giggle!



Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment