Wednesday 25 December 2013

26 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 26 Weeks, 4 Days
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

How Far Along? 26 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope :)

Food Cravings? None that I can think of. Loving Christmas get togethers with family though- turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings? Yes please.

Mood? So good. How can it not be good? Christmas!! Pregnant!! I'm just overwhelmed by love these days. I just keep thinking how different Christmas will be next year. We can't wait to teach our little one all about the birth of Jesus!

Symptoms? It turns out that the pelvic pain I have been experiencing is more than just a pulled muscle. My midwife thinks I have been having trouble with my pubic symphysis, which is the very middle of your pelvis where the bones meet. The pain I have been feeling may indicate that the bones have separated slightly. At this point it's not a huge deal, and my midwife told me I can take twice as much of the Lecithin as I was previously taking which has been helping. If it gets worse a maternity belt will probably prove to be helpful, but I'm not quite there yet.

Sleep? Sleep has been pretty good now that I have almost completely gotten over my cough- enough so that I don't cough at night anymore. There were a few nights this past week that I woke up coughing and it completely wrecked my sleep for the night. That was rough to say the least. There was one night that Chris actually got up at 3 am to make me tea with honey. Not sure I've ever met a better man than mine!

Movement? Something has happened here. Not sure what yet, but I have two theories. First one is that baby moved to the head down position. There was one day that I could feel immense pressure and movement- twice in about an hour. After that for a couple days after I felt like the baby was pushing towards the outside, directly in the middle, WAY more than it has been. Also, I have been feeling more movement near my ribs than ever before (before almost all kicks were very low down) Next theory is that I have been feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions because in the moments when I feel like baby is practically sticking out of my belly, my entire belly feels super hard and I feel a lot of pressure. I suppose both theories could be right, and perhaps baby moved head down and I'm feeling some BH contractions as well....? Either way it's been a couple days since I've felt anything "abnormal" (Like anything is normal these days?)

Best moment of the week? Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but I think my best moment was when I went shopping to West Ed (huge mall very close to where I live) to finish my Christmas shopping. I have always loved to go shopping on the last weekend before Christmas- something about the hustle and bustle of it all just makes me happy. Most people think I'm insane, but hey- I also like to wrap all my gifts on Christmas Eve, so at least you know it isn't just the shopping thing. ;) Anyways, it was a little slower for me this year- I actually had to sit down on a bench in between each store, but I still loved it. And the need for sitting just reminded me how pregnant I'm getting, which is kind of fun.

Looking forward to? An entire week off with my love! I had to work a half day on Christmas Eve, but now I don't go back until Jan 2nd. Pure bliss.

Belly Button in or out? Still in. Still can't stop touching it.

Stretch marks? None yet.

Nursery Progress? Well, "the week" is here. Wish us luck as we endeavour to get a few of the bigger projects done before I go back to work on the 2nd. I'm so excited to get this room painted!!

Baby Loot: Nothing new.

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: Ok, this actually happened a couple weeks ago, but I was just reminded of it a few days ago. Chris had his hand on my belly trying to feel the baby kick, and sure enough the babe gave a really strong kick. Chris, obviously surprised, exclaimed "Whoa! Did you feel that??" HA!!



Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment