Wednesday 8 January 2014

28 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 28 Weeks, 3 Days

How Far Along? 28 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Yes actually. Apparently the cause is called the 3rd Trimester.

Food Cravings? Nope. If anything I'm reverting back to aversions- when I'm feeling sick I know that I need to eat something but feel like nothing appeals to me. I thought I was done with this! So unimpressed.

Mood? A little up and down I think. I'll be honest and say I was feeling a little discouraged. I didn't expect to feel nauseous again. I knew it was a possibility, but I certainly didn't expect it. It isn't nearly as bad as the 1st trimester was, but the fact that I'm feeling nauseated at all just plain sucks. However, after a trip to my Naturopath I am feeling a lot better as he assured me that 3rd trimester nausea rarely lasts longer than a few weeks at a time. No promises of course, but if I only feel like this for another week I will consider myself very blessed- and  that hope is getting me through!

Symptoms? It all started the night of 28 Weeks, Day 1 (Apparently my body is incredibly on schedule?) I got up from the couch to go to bed and by the time I made it to the bedroom I was certain I was going to vomit. All I could think was "WOW! That is the fastest the flu has ever come on for me!!" I somehow fell asleep, all along thinking I would be waking up in the middle of the night to throw up (or to suppress the urge- remember I haven't thrown up for 13 years!) At the very least I thought I would wake up in the morning feeling horrible and would surely be calling in sick to work the next day. Imagine my surprise when I woke up in the middle of the night to go pee and felt fine! And then again the next morning - fine! Well since then I have felt sick just about every morning- especially if I delay my breakfast or don't eat enough. Also, it has already happened once more where I felt a sudden onset of nausea at bedtime. Here we go again folks...

Something I forgot to mention with last week's update- I am definitely feeling Braxton Hicks contractions now. It's the weirdest sensation-  like someone is standing behind me slowly pulling on my shirt until it's almost uncomfortably tight, and then my belly is hard as a rock. It only last 20-30 seconds, but it happens multiple times per day. I find it fascinating and very cool. I love that my body is preparing for labour already, and just knows what to do!

Sleep? No complaints here. I fall asleep easily and sleep through the night (aside from waking to pee once or twice of course)


Movement? Tons of movement! One thing I've noticed recently is if my arm is across the side of my stomach if I'm laying on my side I can feel more than just a jab or poke. Now I'm feeling a foot or hand or elbow (who knows!) actually drag across my tummy.  Of course I've felt movement like that on the inside for a while now, but it's a really funny sensation to be able to feel on the outside! Also, I'm feeling babe up in my ribs now- mainly when I lean over my desk and/or slouch in my seat. When I get a good kick up high like that it feels like my whole upper body moves!

Best moment of the week? Oh this one is easy. Monday night... Chris gave me the best foot rub ever (with massage oils!) for more than half an hour while I ate pink himalayan salted caramels from Purdy's. Friends, those caramels are the not-so-secret way straight to my heart. It was pure bliss. And yes, I have the best husband in the world.


Looking forward to? I have a massage booked for tonight that I am really looking forward to!

Belly Button in or out? Still in and seemingly not going anywhere these days.

Stretch marks? Still none

Nursery Progress? Progress is a relative thing, don't you think? We have changed our minds about a few things and have a renewed excitement to get started with painting and setting things up. I don't expect it will take very long once we've painted, which Chris is getting started on today! Wahoo!!

Baby Loot: While there hasn't been any "progress" in the nursery, we have purchased a few things that will eventually contribute to the progress. Decorative things. Cool things. Just you wait.

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: Funny moment.... funny moment... I'm drawing a blank this week. Sorry guys.




Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment