Wednesday 29 January 2014

31 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 31 Weeks, 3 Days

How Far Along? 31 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Blech. I've had a couple queasy mornings this week. 

Food Cravings? None that I can think of, but very pleased we had nachos again this past week. If every week could include nachos, I'd be a happy lady.

Mood? Pretty good! A few crying episodes, but that's par for the course, and they never last long.

Symptoms? The pain in my pubic bone has come back in full force this week. I went for a chiro adjustment hoping to find relief for my rib pain, and ever since then the pain in my pubic bone has been quite severe. My chiropractor (whom I still love!) said right away that he thought there was a relation between the way my pelvis was sitting and my ribs, so I wasn't surprised... just disappointed to have to deal with it all weekend. I was adjusted again yesterday and I think I'm already feeling less pain in my pubic bone today. Side note- how awkward is it to talk about your pubic bone??

I'm not sure if this falls under symptoms, but it's worth mentioning somewhere- my Midwife Tara confirmed what I had been suspsecting for a couple weeks- baby is sitting posterior. (Sunny side up) Not a huge deal, but definitely known to make for more painful birth. Tara suggested I ask my chiropractor (whom, oddly she knows and even attended one of his wife's births!) if he's familiar with the Webster technique. Well, he is, and used the technique yesterday. Oh wow did baby ever react quickly to that!! Started squirming right away and within 2 hours I realized that baby was certainly sitting very different. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure I felt a distinct bum facing out on my right side... in other words, I believe baby twisted to the anterior position after only one try of the Webster Technique. Crazy!! We'll see what Tara says when I see her in two weeks :)
*Side note- posterior is very different from breech. A breech baby is when their head is up by your ribs, not pointing down like it should be. Our baby is definitely head down, so there are no worries there.

Sleep? Pretty good! I've been able to get back to sleep pretty easily each night, even if I do feel like I wake a million times to pee. I also feel rested in the mornings. Small victories.

Movement? Tons of movement all the time. It's my favorite form of entertainment to watch my belly move while laying on the couch in the evenings. It's so funny though that anytime I try to get it on video (because I'm sure everyone else will find it just a fascinating as me, right??) babe quiets right down. Hmmm, maybe I should keep that in mind for the middle of the nights...

Best moment of the week? Monday... it was the best of times... it was the worst of times... I spent the whole night feeling really emotional, so Chris may be surprised to hear this as my best moment, but it truly was! The best of times tarted with my Midwife appointment- once again, I couldn't love her more if I tried! Then I got home and Chris has made me dinner, and also cleaned up afterwards. (I'm so blessed) Later on when all the emotions started (I can't even explain why) I was just feeling so out of sorts that Chris suggested I take a bath to which I replied that I would like to, but the tub was dirty... and so my sweet husband went and scrubbed the tub for me and drew me a bath. This beautiful act was slightly dampened (dampened? ha ha?) by the fact that there was very little hot water and the bath was lukewarm at best (never know when the basement tenant is doing laundry I guess!) I was stubborn though, and got out for only a short while to let the water heat up again, and was able to drain and refill a bit of it so it was just perfect.

Looking forward to? I think this is the first week that I have thought to myself "I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore" Chris asked me if that meant I was ready for the baby to come. Nope. Not really! I still feel like I need some time before I'm ready for that, but I am ready to no longer feel large and uncomfortable. Unfortunately this doesn't seem like an "either or" situation.

Belly Button in or out? In

Stretch marks? Nope

Nursery Progress? Not much new since last week. I think we needed a weekend off from working on it. I expect to get a bit more done by the end of this weekend though! :)

Baby Loot: We got the final order of cloth diapers in the mail (so quick!) and so my stash is now complete... well for Size 1 that is. (There are only 2 sizes in the brand we've chosen) I also have my doublers and wet bags. I'm set! Now to wash/prep them all...

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: You know what, it's been more than 24 hours. I'm ready to laugh about the bath gone wrong. I mean seriously- Chris went to all this effort to bless me- he even got out my bath caddy that holds a book and a drink, found me a bath bomb, offered me candles, and got me a cold glass of water and everything... all for me to get in and realize it wasn't hot enough! How ridiculous!


Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment