Wednesday 5 March 2014

36 Weeks Pregnant


Taken at 36 Weeks, 4 Days

How Far Along? 36 Weeks, 6 Days

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Food Cravings? Well, I did have nachos this week, and I was pretty excited about them...

Mood? Oh heavens, this week has been a roller coaster! Up and down emotions about dealing with the reality that baby may want to come very early, and then up and down emotions about how soon I should be leaving work (Which I didn't realize would be such an emotional decision, but it certainly was!) And THEN learning that my complication (prolapsed uterus) wasn't nearly as complicated as we thought (second opinion confirmed it was NOT my uterus that is prolapsed- I'll explain more below) Man. I feel like I've been through the ringer this week. There have been a LOT of tears.

Symptoms? Ok, so here's the story. My midwife suggested that I see my family doctor for a second opinion on the prolapse, as well as because I am having trouble emptying my bladder, and a urine test confirmed it was not a bladder infection. I had that appointment Tuesday morning. He noted that my cervix was sitting quite high (exactly where it should be for where I am in pregnancy) which is peculiar if my uterus is prolapsed. After further investigation he determined it is in fact not my uterus that is prolapsed. If this wasn't such a public forum I'd go into more detail, but I have a feeling not everyone needs to know exactly what is happening with my lady parts. We'll just leave it at that, and anyone that is really curious can send me a message. ;) Bottom line: Something is prolapsed, but it's not my uterus. Woo hoo!! This removes the fear of early labour (as does the fact that I am 37 Weeks tomorrow) and also sounds like it has fewer implications for my recovery after baby. Great news all along. I called Tara right after my appt and she was just as pleased to hear the news as I was.

Aside from all that fun stuff I am still experiencing pretty horrible pubic bone pain as my only real complaint. Oh, and I think perhaps my ankles have swollen just a tiny bit. I can barely tell by looking, but my boots are harder to slip on these days, so I'm thinking that might be why.

Also, something worth noting- no more heartburn after that one night. Hallelujah!!

Sleep? I had one really bad sleep last night, but other than that this week has been really good.

Movement? Lots and lots, just like always. It's definitely the best part of pregnancy and I know I'll miss it when it's over. So indescribable. So so special.

Best moment of the week? Having my Doctor tell me that my uterus is not trying to fall out of my body. Woo hoo!

Looking forward to? My massage tonight. After this past week, I couldn't be more excited for it!

Belly Button in or out? Still in, and seemingly not changed from last week when it mysteriously got flatter.

Stretch marks? Still none, although I'm keeping a close eye on the low down under-belly as a few women have told me that's where they'll pop up near the end.

Nursery Progress? I'm hoping to make the mobile this weekend. If that happens I promise I'll finally post pictures next week. I can't believe I've held off sharing for this long!

Baby Loot: Just today a very thoughtful old friend brought us a gift of a little knit hat and booties- baby's first homemade gift. I couldn't stop looking at them all day because they are just so precious!

Funniest Pregnant Moment of the Week: One night I was feeling so anxious about some of the last minute things we still didn't have. I wasn't feeling very well that evening, and most of me wanted to just stay on the couch and rest. I had even turned down going to a worship night with Chris because of how I was feeling (which normally I would jump at the chance to go to) As much as I wanted to stay home I had this uncontrollable urge to go out and purchase the last minute things I needed for baby's arrival. I fought it as long as I could, but by 8:30 pm I couldn't fight it anymore and ended up getting my butt off the couch and going to Target like a crazy person. So funny to look back on. I swear it was like an itch I had to scratch!



Like what you've read? Consider following me on Bloglovin (button below), or you can follow me on Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!
Follow on Bloglovin





Thanks for stopping by :)

~M

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I didn't have any stretch marks on my stomach with my first pregnancy until the very very end, and way low on my belly is where they first appeared. I almost missed them, even in the mirror! I was kind of devastated...
    And is it your pelvic wall/bladder thats prolapsing? If so, contact me on FB if you have any questions ;)

    ReplyDelete