Tuesday 27 October 2015

Monday's Be Crazy

Most days my day ends at 4:30. It's pretty awesome that all I have to do is walk up the stairs to go "home," but on Mondays it still feels like I don't have enough time for anything. Chris has a night class at 5:30 and has to leave by 5, and then I leave at 6:40 for a course I'm taking at our church. (Thankfully I have a wonderful mother in law who come to watch Elliott and put him to bed because Chris doesn't get home until 8:45) Chris and I still want to eat dinner together, but that can feel like a lofty goal most weeks, especially when you factor in the toddler. 

Yesterday was shaping up to be just like every other Monday. I did have a plan for dinner, but getting it cooked and on the table in time for Chris to eat with us before he left didn't sound like it was going to happen. I suggested to him that he may want to just fend for himself before I was even done work. 

And then.... my afternoon wasn't going so well. Elliott was being a complete nut trying to take all the kids toys and pushing them around (yes the kids, not the toys) They say as a Dayhome provider your own kid is always the worst, and that is certainly true for us most days.

I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've done this, but I was at my wits end and sent Elliott upstairs to hang out with Chris around 4 o'clock. I felt bad because I knew it would make it hard for him to figure out his dinner with a cranky toddler at his feet, but I had no choice. I was pulling out my hair!

So here's what real teamwork looks like folks. I came upstairs at 4:30 to find dinner almost ready (salmon, rice and veggies) and we were able to sit down as a family to eat it all. I felt so blessed you guys, I could have cried. When Chris was almost done his dinner he mentioned he wanted to make a latte before he left so I hopped up and made it for him. I handed it to him with a granola bar as he was walking out the door, and all I could think was "man we rocked today!!" 

Full disclosure- most Monday's have been Chris running out to get Papa John's ($6 pizza on Monday's is hard to say no to) and us scarfing down a couple pieces together as he walks out the door with Pepto in hand *just in case* the greasy pizza doesn't sit well. I think I deserve to celebrate this victory ;)

Anyways, that's just what life looks like for us these days. 


Like what you've read? Consider following me Facebook, as well as subscribe by email (Top left of this page) so you never miss a post!

Thanks for stopping by :)
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment